Technology knocks down traditional barriers to learning by providing accessibility and a chance to connect meaningfully. Classrooms are no longer limited to four walls and a blackboard. eLearning takes cognitive development above and beyond, giving students the liberty to receive their education in more flexible and engaging ways.
Companies and organizations across the globe utilize eLearning tools to foster employee connectivity by reinvigorating the learning process and helping them develop both task-based and communication skills. Online training programs create a framework for employees to learn, as well as process the kind of professional development that happens all the time at work, directly translating into employee satisfaction and retention. VP Legacies helps your company develop the eLearning tools to help your business reach its bottom line while reminding your employees how much you value their professional growth, both for your good and theirs. Here’s our guide to what eLearning is.
What is eLearning?
eLearning can be defined as a learning system that entails the combination of formalized teaching and technological resources. The use of computers and the internet led to the development of eLearning. It enables the transfer of skills and knowledge beyond just physical classrooms, with a large number of recipients receiving education either at the same time or different times.
eLearning has proven to be an especially useful resource for companies and businesses, helping learners and users achieve their training objectives with ease and flexibility. eLearning employs an assortment of techniques, such as presentations, quizzes, surveys, audio-visual recordings, discussion groups, and so on. These modes of learning enhance corporate learning that might occur in physical spaces and during day-to-day task completion. Providing an extra platform for learning helps employees connect with each other and communicate shared goals.
Using a learning management system (LMS), eLearning courses can be published online. Course creators are able to streamline all the content in eLearning into an accessible location with the use of LMS. There are quite a few eLearning trends that are pretty popular. Some of them are as follows:
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) has emerged as one of the strongest elements in eLearning in 2019. Using the past modules, AI deciphers the behavior of the learner, along with his/her strengths and weaknesses. This allows it to personalize the learning for the user by recommending them certain modules.
These modules are selected with the aim of filling the gaps that exist in the learner’s knowledge. Chatbots are available round the clock, and they take the responsibility of a lot of admin work, including onboarding the learners. The ease and accessibility of AI along with its smaller workload makes it a preferred approach, using automation to fill employees in on mundane tasks so that executives, administrators, and managers can focus on personal connections with employees when it truly matters.
- Microlearning: Microlearning is a go-to option for numerous organizations to use small amounts of learning to boost knowledge retention more easily and more regularly. These smaller modules are object-driven and high on impact.
The modules can be implemented on various devices, and are easy to be repeated and updated whenever required. They can also be made more interactive by using quizzes, games, infographics, and the likes. Learning tools that are logistically easier to access mean that they can better integrate with employees’ day-to-day routine, preventing self-isolation and allowing personal connections to continue.
- Mobile Learning and Videos: Any visual medium allows us to remember easily, and that’s why videos are so integral to eLearning. In addition to making learning more visually pleasing, they are more interactive. Also, using elements such as realistic scenarios, challenges, decision times, and characters, further boost knowledge retention. That’s why at VP Legacies, we create video content tailored to your company’s brand.
With mobile learning, the communication between the learner and the manager increases. It enables the manager to always be around to answer any queries the learner might have, and be available as a collaborative resource rather than an authoritative instructor.
- Gamification: In addition to improving retention levels and engagement, gamification has also proven to accelerate sales and business performance. Employees engage in the process of learning in exchange for rewards. Plus, this makes learning become more of a social interaction and a chance for connection rather than a dull module to sit through. It boosts the motivation of the learner and leads to a positive behavioral change.
Find out more about VP Legacies Custom eLearning Development.
Benefits of eLearning
The fact that eLearning saves training costs is a known fact. However, it also has many other benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- The eLearning methods are more engaging. Utilizing various formats, ranging from text and videos, to animation and gamification, allows employees to feel connected to their company in new dimensions. Since every user reacts to learning differently, this mix of learning methods proves to be very useful.
- Companies usually end up spending millions on having instructors and employees fly in to participate in a particular course. The cost of scheduling classes and sourcing trainers is quite hefty. These costs are eliminated through eLearning, since online courses can be conducted within a much smaller budget. This is also why so many companies are able to work with teams from all around the world, increasing the chances for overseas connection and collaboration.
- The training processes and requirements vary from department to department in every organization. As a result of this, training programs can feel aimless or lack cohesion. eLearning helps to centralize these programs with one accessible location. Furthermore, our eLearning programs at VP Legacies seamlessly integrate your company’s goals and philosophy to encourage personal connections between employees with shared interests and goals.
- The condition of the marketplace is constantly changing. Due to this, organizational training needs to be agile enough to catch up with those changes on a real-time basis. eLearning provides agility as it updates the training demands within an organization, and upgrades it so that the business stays current with the current trends.
- eLearning makes the onboarding of new users simple. Instead of having to wait for the next in-person class, learners can just join in and start learning from day one. This way, everyone stays updated and can actively contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Through eLearning, companies get to view how a program is impacting their business KPIs. If you decide beforehand the goals you wish to achieve through eLearning, you’ll be able to reach and track your business objectives at an accelerated pace.
Several organizations, educational institutions, and corporations have started employing eLearning to replace or enhance their traditional methods of learning and development. eLearning enables organizations around the world to help employees grow and communicate meaningfully with others at their organization.
With the help of eLearning, companies are able to multiply the knowledge and productivity of their workers, as well as create seamless modes of internal communication. So any institution looking to bring about growth and progress in today’s era should definitely look at eLearning to attain the best possible results. Check out our offerings at VP Legacies to start using eLearning to engage your employees.Related: Crisis Management for Businesses